What is The Scrub Jay?
The Scrub Jay is Centaur’s baseboard cleaning innovation that lets you clean, scrub and strip baseboards in 90% to 96% less time.
How Is the Scrub Jay Designed to Work?
The Scrub Jay works in FIVE different ways as follows:
- Using blue pads on the Scrub Jay, you can use the Scrub Jay to clean and scrub baseboards just like you do when you use a blue pad for scrubbing floors.
- Using black pads on the Scrub Jay, you can use the Scrub Jay to clean heavier soiled baseboards or strip wax off baseboards just like you do when you use a black pad for stripping floors.
- You can use the Scrub Jay to clean “Square” baseboards. Square baseboards are where the baseboard meets the floor at a 90-degree angle.
- You can use the Scrub Jay to clean “Cove” baseboards. Cove baseboards are where the baseboard is curved where it meets the floor. An example of cove baseboards would be Terrazzo baseboards.
- You can stack two Scrub Jays (The Scrub Jay #3 and The Scrub Jay #4), so you can clean taller baseboards… up to 8” tall.
How Do You Attach the Scrub Jay to a Centaur Machine?
To attach the Scrub Jay to a Centaur floor machine, you must first remove the Integrated SplashGuard.
With the Integrated SplashGuard removed, you can attach the Scrub Jay to the machine as you would do with any cleaning brush or pad driver.
Next, you position the Flex Hose (which you’ll find on any Centaur machine fitted out for baseboard cleaning) and point it to the top of the Scrub Jay.
And this is important so that you can control the water flow to the Scrub Jay. The water will lubricate the Scrub Jay’s pad and rinse off the dirt and wax from the baseboard as the Scrub Jay does its job.
All you need to do is to operate the machine at a 45-degree angle against the baseboard and let the Scrub Jay and Centaur Rabbit do all the “heavy lifting” for you as you run the machine along the length of the baseboard.
The dirt and wax will “rinse off” the baseboards without any additional effort with great ease and speed.
See how one person can do a 5-Hour baseboard cleaning job in just 30 minutes or less.